Friday 28 June 2024

Nature landscapes' fascination in songs

 I haven't been on a summer cottage for 15 years, which is a great pity, since I used to like such and grasp just about all possibilities to go to summer cottage, which was about once or twice a year. 

I remember once as a young adult I was going to the summer cottage of my parents with them, and it was a lake district, so we were wsiting for a ferry across some somewhat narrow place between lakes and with some current in it but not much. So I got out of the car and went to the stony shore, and as I watched the lake's waves I heard this song from a CD, and it was really fine, atmospheric, kind of longing for the nature, seeing it as fine compared with the human spheres of life, and on the other hand just moment, so the experience maybe shared with many, our tricolour motly blavk short-haired collie was maybe along too, or has been on the previous times for years. 

" Y11.   And I have liked Olavi Virta. "Silvery moon, creates a bridge to the sea. There could never come, iguess an evening like this. I wait without success, you my love. Silvery moon, creates a bridge to the sea."

"

I guess that teenagers often figure fine words to songs, if the view does not need to be the same as in the melody, kind of full of inspiring clishes that somehow fit the melody and give room for life. 

*

 The famous old Russian song Unforgettable evening, which tells of the beauty of nature, the impressive colours of sunset when visiting countryside, "...even if I would forget everything else, this evening I would never forget", brings to my mind moments when one wanders somewhere, maybe city streets quite in the beginning of summer or a town that one likes, and suddenly comes to some spot of a flowering high flower bush and a peaceful atmosphere, or some fine view over town with sunset colours (which here in the north last long), and one kind of stops and would say to one's children that "hey watch this, this is a moment worth experiencing, so you learn how people lived in the old times, what it was to have nature around, and that some people live like this even nowadays, one can choose to live so, for examole to have a garden or to go to walks in a park or to live in a small town like this or to have a job in a place like here these, etc." 

" Y12.   I somehow feel that this Russian folk song too would fit this Christmas gnome skills text.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2025 Olavinlinna castle 550 years old

 Next year 2025 in July Savonlinna opera festival will celebrate the 550 years old Olavinlinna medieval castle where the opera festival is k...