Wednesday 31 July 2024

Composing an ode

 In December 2020 I composed an ode to my poodle Banjo, while still living in Savonlinna, it was in fact how I learned to compose an ode. But Banjo died a few minths later, was attacked. So I wonder if odes are good at all for those about whom they have been composed. A melody is jyst one small part of the individual's life kind of singing, so it is much too little if it is offered as a forefigure, but on the other hand music at large is a wider subject, so for more distant persons such an ode too can be ok, but for the composer and the ones composed about it is much too little, not any wiser view to life egc than their ordinary views, of which there are many even during a one single day. 


F35.   I just learned how to compose an ode to someone that one loves. I had been composing today earlier after a long pause, and I sat looking at my apricot poodle Banjo, which was laying and looking, and I thought of saying to it how magnifient to live witha poodle with such fine characteristics as he has, but so I sang the atmosphere of that feeling or thought, and then plotted the melody down somehow, but it is was somewhat Russian sounding melody.


"


But like often with some asked for texts of mine, in the above piece I somehow wrote that it was a Russian sounding melody, even though I do not think so. Russia just would be a good forefigure in such skills, I think, worth mentioning, and many would like to hear such an advice, so I guess my poodle whom I had just been watching, and who seemed to understand such artistic and PR persons' professional skills better than I, propably thought and took care that the younger generation composers would have the chance to learn this propably important hint, help on the way, since Russians live with the weathers and have a wide civiliced view valuing music, as far as I know. 

My books as free versions at MiracleLikeNature.BlogSpot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2025 Olavinlinna castle 550 years old

 Next year 2025 in July Savonlinna opera festival will celebrate the 550 years old Olavinlinna medieval castle where the opera festival is k...